ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT INTERVIEW ON TITANIC

Monday, March 17, 2014

What Happened to Audiophiles?

Bought some new speakers the other day. I am going to start listening to decent music again. I paid serious coin and special  ordered these bad boys. I rearranged the living room and positioned them strategically in the corners. Sound emanates from the corners. I did several tests and yes the positioning was correct. I took my one hundred watt RMS amp and dusted it off and hooked those muthas up. Crankola.

And yeah. Wow. Music. Yeah. The drums. The guitars. Those rifts. Boston, Zep, Coldplay. Alright. This is it. I am back. Yeah. Yeah. The audiophile returneth. Except you know. I really appreciate the way Dire Straits sounds. And it is amazing the way Adele warbles. But you know...I don't know. I just don't...well I just don't sit down and listen to music that way anymore. I jump in the car and punch through my crappy FM stations and listen to Feels Like The First Time twenty times. Or I Shazam a song into my phone and download it from Amazon.

And I don't even listen to my IPOD I lost a year ago. My ITunes sit dormant in my computer. I pop my phone on my trainer and listen to playlists of the latest songs. Deftpunk. Pitbull. I guess I don't really have the attention span to be an audiophile anymore or maybe I just don't care how good a guitar sounds . In fact the speakers get the most use with the television.

Now Gravity. That sounded awesome in my speakers! Rock on.

www.williamhazelgrove.com
The Pitcher...
 

Books by William Hazelgrove